Summer is so close we can almost taste it!!!
Now that we live by the coast June can be pretty gloomy. The gray clouds and fog don’t burn off until later in the day. But the afternoons are starting to heat up and I’m not sure I’m ready for the uncomfortable heat. Good news is, we are close to the water and will most likely spend our summer at the beach.
Aaaaand we will be eating all the popsicles. Tastiest way to stay cool (you know, aside from my 89 cent diet coke!) We made these Blueberry Acai Yogurt Pops over the weekend and we all loved them. Acai bowls still seem to be all the rage right now, I know I’m obsessed, and these pops taste just like one.
Blueberries, frozen acai, yogurt, and honey. That’s all that’s in them! To really make them taste like an acai bowl I added a little granola. You can sprinkle some granola into the popsicle molds before adding the acai yogurt mix.
Or you can do what I did here– freeze them plain, then drizzle a little honey over them and roll them in granola. Best breakfast pop ever!
Babes in diapers + popsicles. My favorite.
- 2 frozen pouches Sambazon Acai
- 10 oz nonfat Greek yogurt (or use a honey Greek yogurt!)
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup granola of choice
- additional honey for drizzling on top!
- Run the acai pouches under luke warm water for 5-10 seconds, break it up a little, then pour into a blender.Add greek yogurt, honey, and blueberries. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- 1. Pour the acai mix evenly into 6 popsicle molds and freeze for 6-8 hours or until completely frozen. Then sprinkle some granola onto a plate. Drizzle the popsicle with some honey (both sides) and dip both sides of pops in the granola to coat the popsicle.
- 3. Sprinkle a little granola into the bottom of the popsicle mold, then pour acai-yogurt mix in and let freeze 6-8 hours or until completely frozen.
- 4. Just enjoy plain without any granola