The fluffiest brown butter buttercream frosting sandwiched between soft, chewy oatmeal cookies. Heaven in every bite my friends. The cinnamon spiced oatmeal cookies pair perfectly with the rich, nutty, brown butter frosting.
We crashed our friends’ block party over the weekend and brought these along to share with everyone…whom we didn’t know at all 😉 But its always fun to meet and share cookies with new friends.
I might just like these more than the Little Debbie Oatmeal Cream Pies I grew up loving.
- 1 cup butter, soft
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup butter
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, whisking occasionally until butter is foaming and brown specks begin to appear and butter smells nutty. Remove from heat and pour into a bowl to chill. Chill in fridge until butter solidifies again (about 1 hour).
- Once chilled, place chilled brown butter in a mixing bowl. Slowly beat in powdered sugar, heavy cream and vanilla extract. Whip until thick and creamy. Set frosting aside.
- Preheat oven to 375. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a stand mixer, cream butter and sugars until smooth. Add egg and vanilla and beat until creamy. In another bowl combine flour, baking soda, cinnoman and salt. Slowly beat into the sugar mixture. Stir in oats.
- Scoop by rounded tablespoon onto baking sheet. Bake at 375 for 8-9 minutes. Let cool for several minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Spread a thick layer of frosting in between two oatmeal cookies.
- cookie recipe from Kroger's. can of Old Fashioned Oats