Light and creamy comfort food! This Skinny Buffalo Chicken Fettuccine is made with Greek yogurt and loaded with buffalo wing flavor!! The perfect guilt-free pasta dish.
I just got back from a weekend girls trip in San Francisco with two of my best friends! We shopped, we ate, got massages, ate some more, went to a movie, had my first dry bar experience, saw a chick-flick, and ate dessert twice a day. It was just the break I needed.
While I was gone my good husband was tackling the “stay-at-home-dad” thing with all three boys. Even my five month old. He did it like a champ and didn’t complain once…I think he even enjoyed it!
The last thing I needed after eating my way through San Francisco was pasta, but I had a hankering for it so I lightened it up a little. And gave it some kick!
The sauce for this Skinny Buffalo Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo is made with Greek yogurt and low fat milk instead of the typical heavy cream. So it’s basically guilt free. The Greek yogurt keeps it nice and creamy and the hot sauce gives it the perfect kick. And don’t worry, I didn’t forget the cheese. It’s nice and cheesy too:)
Buffalo Chicken lovers will love this one, and you’ll feel great eating it!
- 1/2 cup cooked chicken, shredded or cubed and seasoned with salt and pepper
- 8 oz fettuccine pasta or angel hair pasta
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1/4 cup plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup Franks Hot Sauce
- 1/2 cup milk (plus extra for thinning out sauce if needed)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (plus extra for garnishing)
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Flatten chicken breast with a jar or mallet until even in thickness. Lightly season chicken breast with salt and pepper. Heat a frying pan with 1/2 tbsp olive oil over medium-high heat. Once hot, reduce heat to medium and add chicken breast. Cover the pan and let cook for 6-8 minutes, then flip and cook for another 6-8 minutes. Cook until cooked through, and golden. Remove and cube or shred chicken.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Once done, return to pot and toss with a little olive oil to keep from sticking, cover with lid.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Whisk in flour until smooth.
- Add Greek yogurt, milk, Frank's Hot Sauce, garlic salt, and salt and pepper. Whisk until smooth. Add a splash of milk if sauce seems to thick or needs thinning. Reduce heat to low and whisk frequently until pasta is ready.
- Add the sauce to the pasta and gently toss together until coated. Stir in cooked chicken. Serve with additional Parmesan cheese.
- adapted from Florida Dairy Farmers
- to make it easier, use pre-cooked chicken and just warm up in a frying pan before adding to pasta.