Brett and I have been needing a new breakfast routine, something quick and easy to grab before the gym (or after). I had some leftover quinoa from a dinner last week and thought I’d try these Cheesy Ham and Quinoa Egg Cups. They are soooo good! The aren’t going to last more than a couple of days so I already plan on making more, asap. This batch made a dozen egg cups and after eating one, I popped the rest into the freezer. We’ll just zap ’em quick for breakfast in the mornings!
These would make a great addition to Christmas morning brunch…or any holiday brunches your hosting this time of year!! We like them with a little salsa, but you could also serve them warm with sour cream. They’re the perfect two bite breakfast…..but you might want like 10!
Cheesy Quinoa and Ham Egg Cups
- 12 egg whites (can use half egg whites, half whole eggs)
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup chopped ham
- 1/4-1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 2 tbsp low fat milk (or almond milk)
- 1/4 cup salsa
- salt and pepper to taste
- preheat oven to 350.
- spray a muffin tin or line with liners.
- in a large bowl whisk egg whites together. stir in quinoa, ham, salsa, cheese, a dash of salt and pepper, and milk (or almond milk)
- pour into prepared muffin pan, sprinkle a little more cheese on tops.
- bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until cooked through and cheese on the top is melted!