Quick, healthy and delicious Chicken Zoodle Soup! Made with riced cauliflower too! It’s the the perfect healthy soup to add to your fall menu!
It’s officially fall!!!
And supposed to be 85 degrees this weekend! 90 on Monday! Ha! Guess we’ll be at the beach! But for a couple of days this week, we got a taste of cooler fall weather. Cloudy, breezy, even a little bit of rain! I couldn’t help but make some soup on the very first, official day of fall yesterday.
This Chicken Zoodle Soup is ahhhhmazing you guys! It’s loaded with veggies–onion, carrots, celery, cauliflower “rice”, zucchini “noodles”, and chicken! And actually quite filling. So freaking good and so healthy too!
It took some convincing to get the boys to try it. I had grilled cheese sandwiches to go with their soup. O loved it and ate a whole bowl, Graham ate most of his, and Miles took two bites and said he hated the green stringy things. He ended up picking out all the chicken. In all honesty, I considered it a success! But if you’re looking for a healthy, low carb soup option THIS IS IT! (you know, minus that golden white bread in the picture!)
When I make zucchini noodles I always spirilize the zucchini, spread them out on a baking sheet and sprinkle with salt. Then place them in a colander or strainer so that any excess liquid drains out. Before cooking, I wrap the noodles in a clean towel and squeeze out any remaining liquid.
Those noodles though ????
Soup just really gets me excited for fall! There are so many fun fall things I want to do and to try. Like for starters trying this pumpkin face mask, wearing this sweater, making more of these healthy pumpkin muffins, and burning this candle all the live long day.
What are you look forward to this fall???
Chicken Zoodle Soup
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups cooked and shredded chicken
- 1 cup sliced or shredded carrots (I buy the matchstix carrots)
- 2 celery hearts, sliced
- 1 cup uncooked cauliflower rice ( found at Trader Joe's)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 sprig thyme, chopped
- 2 zucchini (3 if they're small)
- salt and pepper to taste
- *pinch cayenne (optional)
- In a large soup pot, add olive oil, garlic and onion and cook over medium heat. Saute until onion is golden.
- Add chicken broth, bay leaf, thyme, chicken, carrots, celery, cauliflower rice, salt and pepper (and/or cayenne and lemon pepper - see note below).
- Bring to a simmer. Let simmer for 10 minutes. Spirilize the zucchini while the soup simmers. Place it in a colander, sprinkle with salt, and let sit.
- Before adding the zucchini noodles to the soup, hold them in a clean kitchen towel and squeeze the extra liquid out. Add noodles to the soup and continue to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Serve!
- If you like a little kick, add a pinch of cayenne pepper to the soup.