Oh hey there! We just got back from a weekend (and really hot) getaway in Scottsdale, Arizona. I’ll share pics of our trip with you soon! The great thing about traveling home on a Monday is it makes for a super short work-week! It’s already Wednesday, which means the weekend is just around the corner and I’m ready. Woohoo!
I made it to the gym, Costco and Trader Joe’s yesterday with all three boys. No major melt downs, the boys didn’t crash their mini carts into anyone, and I didn’t forget anything on my list! So that felt real good, haha. I grabbed a few things to whip up these suuuper easy Chili Lime Beef & Sweet Potato Lettuce Wraps last night for dinner. I thought the recipe might be too easy to share here, but you guys, easy recipes are my life! So here you have them!
I picked up this Chili Lime seasoning blend at Trader Joe’s to try and you guys I love it! You need it for this recipe!
And only a few other ingredients to make these babies for din din–> ground beef, sweet potato, avocado, garlic salt, salt + pepper, a little olive oil, and lettuce.
Make lettuce wraps/cups for you and the Mr. and use tortillas for the kiddos. I love making recipes that can easily be adapted to my liking and the boys’. And both options are still healthy!
And yes, last night was Tuesday and these are kind of like tacos so a diet coke was necessary. Always is ????
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 large (or 2-3 small) sweet potatoes, peeled and diced into 1 inch cubes
- 2 tbsp Trader Joe's Chili Lime Seasoning Blend
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1 head iceberg or romain lettuce
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Heat a large skillet with 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil over medium heat. Add diced sweet potatoes. Season with a little salt and pepper. Cover and cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cook until edges are browned and center is fork-tender. Transfer potatoes to a medium bowl and set aside.
- Add ground beef to the skillet and cook over medium heat. Add 2 tbsp chili lime seasoning, garlic salt and salt and pepper. Cook until full cooked through. Add sweet potatoes to ground beef and toss together and cook for a few more minutes.
- Prepare the lettuce by rinsing and separating into 6-8 cups.
- Divide beef and sweet potato mixture among lettuce cups. Add a few slices of avocado and sprinkle with a dash of chili lime seasoning on top of the avocados.