These little protein bites have become one of our favorites snacks/treats. We’ve made them with both almonds and cashews and love them both ways. The cashews make a much creamier “dough” and the almonds give them a little more texture. So I’d say, use what you have! Or try both and see what you prefer.
Brett has a tendency to eat all of my cookie dough when I make cookies. So the first time I made these he was in heaven. They don’t taste like real cookie dough, but they’re a great health-nut’s substitute! And I just love snacking on them 🙂
- 2/3 cup raw cashews or almonds
- 1/3 cup oats
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (we use whey)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- Grind cashews (or almonds) and oats in a food processor until turns into a powdery, flour like texture.
- Add syrup (or agave), vanilla, and protein powder and process until smooth. (almonds won't blend as smooth as the cashews but it's okay!)
- Stir in chocolate chips. Roll into one-inch balls and store in refrigerator!
- source: Tone It Up