I promised there would still be food here! These Chocolate Chip Pancakes are inspired by our (okay, my) favorite pancakes at the Original Pancake House. I always order them from the kids menu for “one of the boys” with full intentions to eat them all by myself.
But you have to serve them with fresh whipped cream and more chocolate chips, it’s a must!! Enjoy these this weekend or as a week day breakfast before school.
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp chocolate syrup
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- additional mini chocolate chips
- whipped cream
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk buttermilk, egg, chocolate syrup, and melted butter together. Pour into flour mixture. Stir to combine. Stir in 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
- Heat griddle to medium-high heat and coat with cooking spray. Pour 1/4 cup batter at a time onto griddle, cook for 2 minutes or until tops start to bubble. Flip and continue cooking for another minute or so. Remove.
- Serve with fresh whipped cream and additional chocolate chips.
- just slightly adapted from All Recipes