Hey guys, happy Wednesday! I’m still feeling a little sugared-out after all of the Easter candy BUT I’m never too sugared out for chocolate and peanut butter. Can’t ever say no to that! You with me??! We recently partnered with Pillsbury to bring you these tasty, melt in your mouth Chocolate Chunk Peanut Butter Brownie Cookies, using the new Pillsbury Purely Simple Chocolate Chunk Brownie and Frosting Mix.
The Purely Simple mixes have no colors, preservative or artificial flavors so we were excited to give them a try! I used the brownie mix to rich, fudgy cookies with all natural peanut butter in both the cookies and the frosting!
I know you’re loving my frosting to cookie ratio over here aren’t you? Ha! If you know me at all you know I looooooove me some frosting.
To make the frosting you just add water, butter, and a little peanut butter to the Purely Simple Buttercream Frosting Mix! So easy and seriously good stuff.
I sank my teeth into one too many of these….
With the help of my Graham-man of course!
- 1 (15 oz) pkg Purely Simple Chocolate Chunk Brownie Mix
- 1/4 cup butter, soft
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup creamy all natural peanut butter
- 1 (13.2 oz) package Pillsbury Purely Simply Buttercream Frosting Mix
- 1/2 cup butter, soft
- 1/4 cup creamy all natural peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine brownie mix, butter, egg, and 1/2 cup peanut butter until mixed well. Scoop onto baking sheet using a cookie scoop. Bake at 350 for 8 minutes. Remove and let cool for several minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- While cookies are baking, make frosting.
- In a mixing bowl slowly beat Purely Simple Buttercream Frosting Mix, 1/4 cup water, 1/2 cup softened butter (microwave it for 10-15 seconds), and 1/4 cup peanut butter. Beat until creamy.
- Spread frosting onto completely cooled cookies.
- store additional frosting in an airtight container in refrigerator!