I’ve got granola for ya two ways today! A basic chocolate granola (that I just love love love) and chunky monkey granola (okay, totally love it too!)
The basic chocolate is made with oats, coconut oil, cocoa, chocolate chips, honey, and vanilla. It’s simple and just perfection. Almosts tasts like a chocolate no bake cookie, minus the peanut butter. I love sprinkling this on top of my morning protein shake!
There’s all kinds of things that would be good to mix in to this granola. But I highly recommend trying my Chunky Monkey version~ by mixing in peanut butter chips and chocolate cover bananas. It’s deathly good.
If the chocolate covered banana chips are too sweet, just use regular banana chips. To be honest, my grocery store didn’t have the plain ones, but I’m not complaining:) Feel free to add walnuts or any other nut if you prefer too.
- 3 cups oats
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup cocoa + 2 tbsp cocoa
- 1/3 chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 egg white, whisked until foamy
- For Chunky Monkey Granola
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup chocolate covered banana chips, chopped (or plain banana chips)
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 275. Line a baking sheet with parchment Place oats in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan melt coconut oil, cocoa, chocolate chips, and honey together over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and let simmer for 30-45 seconds. Remove from heat and pour over the oats.
- Stir to combine. Sprinkle additional two tablespoons of cocoa over the oats and stir to coat. Stir in whisked egg white. Spread oats in a single layer on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake for 40-50 minutes at 275, stirring half way through. Let cool completely. Break apart and place in an air tight container.
- Once granola has cooled stir in peanut butter chips and chopped chocolate covered bananas.
- adapted from Food Network.