Happy Monday! Things have been a little quiet over here lately for two reasons: 1) I have a hard time cooking new meals in the summer. It’s like grilled chicken and vegetables is on repeat, and that’s just not too exciting to blog about. 2) I’ve been working on a brand spankin’ new website. A new adventure I’m diving into….VERY soon. I’ll keep you updated!!
Until then, enjoy some dessert. That’s something I always have the time and motivation for 😉 Especially this one.
This Chocolate Oreo Mug Cake is perfect because it only takes a few minutes to whip up. It’s perfect lazy weekend treat when you don’t want to make (or eat) an entire cake.
I first saw this Cookies n Cream Mug Cake over at Kirby’s Cravings and couldn’t wait to try a chocolate version. I always prefer chocolate over white chocolate. The only thing I changed from his recipe was using milk chocolate chips instead of white chocolate chips.
In other news, we are prepping for a 1o day trip to Utah! I’m so excited to visit family, friends, and eat good food!! Not so excited about the 10 hour drive there with my kiddos…
- 1/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 3 tbs milk
- 4 tbsp flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 Oreo cookies
- In a microwave save mug (or ramekin) melt chocolate chips and milk together for 30-40 seconds in the microwave. Whisk until mixed together.
- Stir in flour, baking powder, and oil until mixed well. Crush two Oreo cookies and stir into the batter.
- Microwave for one minute. Top with a few chocolate chips and an Oreo. Enjoy!
- Recipe source: Kirby's Cravings. *swapped white chocolate chips for milk chocolate chips