I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! We had such a fun week with Brett’s family visiting–a full house, lots of good food, laughter, and late nights! They left yesterday and the day felt a little gloomy. So I went and made something sweet to pick me right up 🙂
Cinnamon Sugar Cronut Bread Pudding you guys! Cronuts- a cross between a croissant and a donut– in rich, butter, gooey bread pudding. It’s gonna be my new favorite weekend indulgence.
You know, aside from a warm chocolate chip cookie ????
We made a donut run to our favorite bakery on Christmas Eve (we really wanted Brett’s family to experience a VG donut). We showed up ten minutes til closing and they were all out of donuts 🙁 The owner saw the disappointment on our faces, ran to the back and handed us an ENTIRE BOX of Cinnamon Sugar Cronuts (they actually call them Dosasaints but same, same).
My sister-in-law always has brilliant food creations in her head and she suggested making a bread pudding with the leftover cronuts! Best idea ever!
If you can’t find cinnamon sugar cronuts, you can make it whith cinnamon sugar donuts, a cinnamon sugar loaf, cinnamon sugar croissants, or any flavored cronut, really. You can’t go wrong.
Whip this up for your New Year’s Eve party and go out with a big bang!! Everyone will love ya!
- 3 cinnamon sugar cronuts (any other flavored cronuts will work or cinnamon sugar croissants or donuts)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 of one egg, whisked
- Preheat oven to 350 and lightly grease an 8 X 8 inch pan or 1 1/2 qt baking dish
- Cut stale cronuts into cubes. Place in the greased baking dish.
- Whisk the sugar, eggs and milk together. Stir in vanilla extract. Pour over the cronut cubes and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Melt 3 tbsp butter in microwave safe bowl and whisk in cup brown sugar. Dollop over the bread pudding. Bake at 350 for 35-45 minutes or until set.
- Melt sugar, butter, egg, and vanilla in a small saucepan over medium-low heat until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved. Set aside.
- Serve bread pudding warm with sauce drizzled over it!