School started last week for Owen and I’m having a hard time adjusting to the schedule. I feel like our morning are rushed. I rush to get him to school, rush to the gym, rush home to shower, then rush to pick him up. All while dealing with a toddler and a cranky, teething 11 month old.
It’s only the second week and all I want to do at night is eat a pan of brownies, drink another diet coke, and watch an episode of Nashville (ooohhh I can’t wait for it to start up again!)
Thankfully my SIL has been staying with us the last few weeks and has been such a huge help with the kids. Maybe I should save the pan of brownies for when she leaves this week 🙁
She actually made these brownies for us a few weeks back. In addition to the shredded coconut and macadamian nuts, these babies are drenched in sweetened condensed milk and cream of coconut. Sweet mother!! Make these my friends.
- 2 packages boxed brownie mix (I used two of the Ghiradelli brownie mix for a 9X13)
- 1/3 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup roasted macadamian nuts, chopped
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup cream of coconut
- 1/2 tsp coconut extract
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease a 9X13 inch pan.
- In a mixing bowl prepare brownie mixe (for a 9X13 inch pan) according to package directions (using oil, eggs, water required).
- Stir in shredded coconut and chopped macadamian nuts. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together 1 can sweetened condensed milk and 1 cup cream of coconut.
- Pour brownie batter into the 9X13 inch pan. OPTION Drizzle all of the sweetened condensed mixture over the stop of the batter and swirl it into the brownies with the knife. OR drizzle just half of the mix over the batter and reserve the rest to drizzle over the top after baking!
- Bake for 45-50 minutes (gooey is good!).
- Remove and let cool for five minutes. Cut and serve. If you've reserved some of the sweetened condensed mixture pour it over the brownies now 🙂 Enjoy!
- Bake for
- my SIL Kimi 🙂