In love with this Cilantro Jalapeño Hummus, the perfect dip for healthy snacking!
Trader Joe’s has this three layer hummus that Brett and I are obsessed with. It’s a combination of traditional, Cilantro Jalapeño, and Spicy hummus, all layered in to one little container. We both love the Cilantro Jalapeño Hummus layer– and we’re usually both digging for the last little bite of it. So I finally just whipped up my own version of it! So. freaking. good. And it’s got some kick, too!
It’s as easy as blending up some garbanzo beans, extra virgin olive oil, jalapeño, fresh lime, a bunch of cilantro, garlic, salt + pepper. I always use our blendtec, set it to the sauces/dip mode and zing! DONE! I drizzled a little extra virgin olive oil over the the top and a sprinkle of pine nuts for some texture and crunch (totally optional)!
Obvs. we love it for snacking, esp with pita chips and all the veggies. But it’s also really good in salads, on tacos and burritos, or brown rice bowls with some chicken and veggies! I used it on the best salmon tacos that I made last night + I can’t wait to share that recipe with you too. Look for it Friday!!
Until then though, get snacking on this hummus…
Cilantro Jalapeño Hummus
a Trader Joe's copy cat Cilantro and Jalapeño Hummus
- 2 (16 oz) cans garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 3 small limes
- 3 tsp minced garlic
- 2 cups roughly chopped cilantro
- 3 small (or 2 large) jalapeños, chopped and seeds removed
- 3/4 tsp salt
- Place everything in a food processor or Blendtec and blend together until smooth and creamy. Chill overnight before serving.
- Serve with chips, crackers, or veggies.
chilling over night allows the flavors to really meld together.leave some of the seeds from jalapeño in to add some heat
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 72 g
Saturated Fat 9 g
Unsaturated Fat 55 g
Sodium 3331 mg
Total Carbohydrates 169 g
Dietary Fiber 8 g
Sugars 5 g
Protein 47 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.