Chocolate cookies loaded with chocolate chips and stuffed with REESE’S Peanut Butter Cups!! The ultimate chocolate and peanut butter lover’s cookie!
Welcome to chocolate peanut butter cookie heaven. If you’re a fan of chocolate and peanut butter you will love these cookies. And if you love chocolate cookies and you love REESE’S Peanut Butter Cups you will really love these cookies. I kind of can’t contain my excitement about them. Because they are just so ME!
If you know me really well, you know I eat spoonfuls of peanut butter sprinkled with chocolate chips almost daily. And that one of my favorite chocolates is REESE’s Peanut Butter Cups. I mentioned before that I love the HERSHEY’S Milk Chocolate Bar with Almonds, but the Peanut Butter Cup ranks right up there with it.
I didn’t just make these cookies because I love chocolate and peanut butter and because I think they’d be a great addition to your Christmas cookie plates. I also wanted to tell you about an awesome project the Hershey Company is a part of—Project Peanut Butter.
Project Peanut Butter is a nonprofit organization that strives to reduce the amount of malnutrition among kids in Sub-Saharan Africa. Hershey partnered with the organization to specifically reduce malnutrition for children in rural Ghana, a leading cocoa producing and peanut producing country. Hershey funded the construction of a Project Peanut Butter factory in Ghana that produces the peanut-based Ready to Use Therapeutic Foods (RUTFs). RUTFs are peanut-based, vitamin-enriched nutritional packets that Project Peanut Butter distributes to relief agencies, who provide the product to malnourished children in Ghana at no cost to them or their families. Pretty incredible right?
As I’ve learned more and more about the The Hershey Company, I’m most impressed by the efforts made to improve education and health world wide. I love working with a company that cares about so much more than just their products.
And now, let us eat cookies!
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 24 Miniature REESE'S Peanut Butter Cup Miniatures
- Preheat oven to 350. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Melt the butter over medium heat (or in microwave safe bowl). Let chill for 20-30 minutes.
- Whisk the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl and set aside.
- Beat butter and sugars together until combined. Beat in eggs and vanilla until creamy.
- Slowly mix in the dry ingredients. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop a heaping ball of dough and roll into a ball. Flatten slightly and press a miniature REESE’S Peanut Butter Cup Miniature in the center. Wrap dough around the peanut butter cup to form a ball. Place on the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes ( I like to make them slightly under done, then let continue to cook on the baking sheet for five minute or so before transferring to a cooling rack)