Homemade crispy chicken nuggets. Baked, not fried! With a hint of spicy buffalo wing flavor. These little nugs are to die for!
Brett and I love all things buffalo wing flavored, you should know that about us. But my poor husband didn’t even get to try these. I totally held out on him. Like, he might be livid if and when he reads this post. I made these Buffalo Chicken Nuggets for lunch last week–just for me– and ate them all!
Can you really blame me though?
Little pieces of chicken get marinated in a little (or a lot) of Franks Hot Sauce before getting dredged in flour→ egg → and whole wheat Panko bread crumbs. Bake these bad boys and voila, you’re done. Chicken nuggets are that easy to make at home and marinade them a little something first to give them some fun, in this case- spicy, flavor!
Dunk ’em in some Greek Yogurt Buffalo Blue Cheese Sauce and they are buffalo wing nugget perfection. Definitely too spicy for the kids, but husband-friendly, party-friendly, and game-day friendly. March Madness anyone?
I’m not going to pretend we are going crazy for March madness this year, because we don’t have cable. But we do have some friends that are crazy for it and are having March madness parties that of course we will attend. Mostly for the food.
And the company, of course. If these nuggets are there, you know where to find me:)
- 4 chicken tenders, thawed
- 3 tbs Franks Hot Sauce
- 2/3 cup Whole Wheat Panko Bread Crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup flour
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/3 cup nonfat plain greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 tbs Franks Hot Sauce
- 2 tbs crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- salt and pepper to taste
- Slice chicken tenders into small, nugget sized pieces (about a dozen). Place chicken pieces in a large ziplock bag, and add 3 tbs Franks Hot Sauce. Shake to coat chicken then let marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Make the sauce: Blend the yogurt, Franks Hot Sauce, blue cheese and garlic together until mostly smooth (there may still be a few chunks of blue cheese). Chill in the fridge until serving.
- Preheat oven to 350. Put flour, eggs, and Panko bread crumbs in three separate small bowls. Whisk the eggs together. Add a dash of salt and pepper to the bread crumbs and stir to combine.
- Toss the chicken pieces in the flour to lightly coat all sides. Dip each piece of chicken in the egg wash and then in the bread crumbs, coating all sides. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment. Spray the nuggets with a light coat of olive oil spray or cooking spray. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Turn nuggets half-way through baking and spray the other side with olive oil spray or cooking spray.
- Serve warm with the Greek Yogurt Buffalo Blue Cheese Sauce.
- **you can use more or less Franks Hot Sauce in the chicken marinade or the yogurt sauce depending on how spicy you want It!!
Nice recipe. Thank you, Kristy. Have a Great Weekend!
Chicken nuggets for the win!! Love these and can’t wait to try them!
These look delicious! Love that dipping sauce!
Claire lara says
You weren’t kidding about these little guys being easy and delicious. I can’t tell you how many times I have made these during March Madness. Simple and easy. Thanks for sharing.
Ooh I’m glad you liked them!!