It’s always a little weird explaining to people what my job is. Writing a food blog. Taking pictures of food. Sharing recipes with people online. Some people look at me like I’m crazy, it’s confusing to some, and some people think it’s awesome. Telling people that I attended a food blogger’s conference in Miami, Florida gets me more of those crazy looks.
But that’s what I love about going to blog conferences, I’m surrounded by people that get what I do! I have something in common with everyone there. And we are all there to learn together, learn from each other, and eat a lot of food together (of course). But I also get to connect with great brands and take advantage of the classes taught- from beginner basics to tips on blogging from some of the most successful bloggers out there.
This was the second Blogher Food Conference I attended and this year I was sponsored by Pretzel Crisps to go. I was thrilled to be sponsored by a brand I was already in love with. The original flavored Pretzel Crisps got me through my first trimester of my pregnancy. And for the last couple of months I’ve had a pantry stocked full with a variety of flavors, and my family loves snacking on all of them. I always throw some in my diaper bag, take a bag to the park with us, or pack them in lunches.
And I’m always finding something to dip them in…
Like this Banana Cream Caramel Cheesecake Dip. Yes, you heard it. The flavors of Banana Cream, Caramel, and Cheesecake whipped up into a dreamy dip.
Let’s talk about it. Rich and creamy, and chalk full of bananas. Just a few ingredients are needed- instant vanilla pudding, dream whip, cream cheese, milk, vanilla and bananas. And some caramel sauce to drizzle all over the top (it’s the icing on the cake). I like to use vanilla pudding mixed with banana slices to give the dip a more natural banana flavor, but you can also use instant banana pudding if you want.
You’ll want to eat this stuff with a spoon:) What’s left after that, grab some pretzel crisps and dig in. The salty combination with the banana-caramel flavors is perfect. Juuuust perfect!
- 1 (5.1 oz) Instant Vanilla Pudding (can use instant banana pudding as well)
- 1 envelope dream whip
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 oz cream cheese, soft
- 1 3/4 cup cold milk
- 2 bananas
- Caramel Ice Cream topping
- In a medium bowl beat dream whip, vanilla extract, and 1/2 cup cold milk with a hand mixer until peaks form.
- Add vanilla pudding and remaining 1 1/4 cups cold milk and beat until creamy. In a separate bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth and no lumps. Slowly beat vanilla pudding mixture into the cream cheese, about 1/2 cup at a time, beating until smooth and creamy each time.
- Peel and slice bananas. Gently stir one banana into the dip mixture. Pour into a serving bowl and top with more slice bananas. Drizzle with caramel and top with whipped cream.
- Serve with original Pretzel Crisps, fruit, or graham crackers.