It’s about that time and season that I go a little crazy for buffalo wing recipes. It always happens when football season rolls around. It’s not the girliest of foods, but I love wings and all things with buffalo wing sauce in them, on them, or to dip in. And for some reason, football just screams buffalo wing time. Am I right or am I right? It’s kind of funny that before meeting Brett, I was definitely not a wing eating, wing sauce loving girl. And now you will always find a giant bottle of Franks Red Hot wing sauce in our fridge. Always.
Another thing I love is a good wedge salad. Mmmm, loaded up with blue cheese. I’ve been dreaming about a Buffalo Chicken Wedge Salad for a while now and finally made it happen. A crisp wedge of chilled iceberg lettuce topped with buffalo chicken, tomatoes, green onion, celery, avocado and blue cheese. Drenched in creamy buffalo ranch dressing.
With a little more blue cheese please.
You can make this wedge salad as spicy as you want, just add a little more Franks Red Hot (or your favorite wing sauce) to the shredded chicken and to the ranch dressing.
I like to think of this as a slightly lighter buffalo wing dish, you know, aside from all that buffalo ranch. But that stuff, my friends, is what makes this wedge delicious!
- 1 head of iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup shredded chicken + 2-3 tbsp Franks Red Hot Sauce (or other wing sauce)
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese (plus a little extra)
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1-2 stalk celery, diced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 1/4 cup Franks Red Hot Sauce (or other wing sauce)
- salt and pepper
- Whisk 1 cup ranch dressing and 1/4 cup Franks sauce together to make Buffalo Ranch, and set aside (chill).
- Mix shredded chicken with 3-4 tbsp (or desired amount) of Franks sauce. Chill.
- Rinse the head of iceberg lettuce and remove outer-most layers. Cut the head of lettuce into four wedges, cutting off the core from each.
- Place each wedge on a plate, cut side up. Drizzle each wedge with some of the buffalo ranch dressing. Divide diced tomatoes, sliced celery, avocado, and blue cheese evenly among the wedges.
- Top each wedge with about 1/4 cup shredded buffalo chicken. Drizzle with a little more buffalo ranch and a sprinkle of blue cheese and a dash of salt and pepper.
- **add crumbled bacon if desired
Other Buffalo wing recipes you’ll love…..