This post is sponsored by Mazola® Corn Oil. Thank you for supporting the brands I love! All opinions are my own.
Oh granola, how I love you. Cinnamon. Vanilla. Pecans. Sweetened with maple syrup. All toasted to perfection. Perfect for breakfast…and snacking…and yogurt-parfait and dessert making. I seriously love this granola!
Did you know February is Heart Health Month? Fitting for the month of all things hearts and love. So this is a gentle reminder to take care of your heart! Little changes, like the kind of oil you use in cooking and baking can make a difference.d
This granola is made with Mazola® Corn Oil, which happens to be a heart healthier option than many other high saturated fat alternatives. Unlike some oils, Mazola® Corn Oil has a neutral taste, so the natural flavors of the ingredients combined really shine. Like the cinnamon and vanilla. I know you’ll heart this recipe!
I’ve included a helpful infographic to spread the word about how Mazola® Corn Oil can help lower cholesterol more than extra virgin olive oil. And then go check out Mazola’s Heart Healthy Library to find a variety of recipes that have been approved as “Heart Healthy”. There are so many simple changes we can make for a heart healthy lifestyle!
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1 cup chopped pecans OR sliced almonds OR sunflowr seeds
- 1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons Mazola® Corn Oil
- 2 tablespoons Spice Islands® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 4 teaspoons Spice Islands® Ground Saigon Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Spice Islands® Ground Nutmeg
- 1 cup dried cranberries, raisins OR other dried fruit
- Combine old fashioned oats, quick oats, pecans and wheat germ in a large bowl. Combine maple syrup, oil, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg in a small bowl. Pour over oat mixture, stirring to coat. Spread mixture evenly on greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 300°F for 50 to 60 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes, until oats are toasted.
- Remove from oven and stir in dried fruit. Cool in pan on wire rack. Store in airtight container.
- Serving suggestion: To make yogurt parfaits, layer 6 ounces vanilla yogurt, 1/2 cup mixed fresh or frozen fruit and 1/4 cup granola.
- source: Mazola