There are some things…okay maybe just a few…that Brett is better at cooking than me. Like grilling meat and cooking eggs. He does have a mean chocolate chip cookie recipe too, but I’ll save that one for another time.
He has totally mastered making this easy omelette soufflé and does it way better than I can. When we first tried the omelettes at the Original Pancake House he immediately wanted to recreate that thick, flulffy omelette. He did his research and got cookin’. It’s totally his thing now and when I’m not feeling like making Sunday breakfast or even dinner during the week, I’ll ask him to make this!
It’s actually pretty easy, just requires a couple of steps in cooking. You will need:
A cast iron skillet! Six eggs. Shredded cheese. And any other mix-ins you want in your omelette–bacon crumbles, diced ham. You choose! You will divide the eggs and use three whole eggs, and three egg whites. Just a note- don’t try to use liquid egg whites here because you’ll need to beat the eggs and liquid egg whites don’t whip.
Your next weekend brunch needs an Omelette Souffle! And if you’re lucky, maybe you’re bestie, SO, or spouse will make it for ya 😉
Easy Omelette Soufflé
Yield 2-3 people
- 6 eggs
- 1-2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese of choice)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced and chopped deli ham or bacon (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oven to broil. Make sure rack is in the center of the oven.
- Crack the eggs and separate the egg whites and egg yolks into different mixing bowls. Beat the egg with a handheld mixer until soft peaks form.
- In the other bowl, whisk the 6 egg yolks together with a pinch of salt.
- Slowly fold the yolks into the beaten egg whites, until evenly incorporated (no yellow streaks)
- Melt butter in an 8" ovenproof skillet over medium heat.
- Scrape the omelet mixture into the skillet. Gently shake the pan to evenly distribute the eggs. Cook on the stovetop over medium-high heat for two minutes.
- Then, place skillet in the broiler for about 1 1/2 minutes. Remove from oven and quickly sprinkle cheese and ham over the top. Place back in the oven to broil until the omelette is golden.
- Slide out of pan onto a plate and serve.
*option to add diced ham or crumbled bacon on top once you pour the egg mixture into the pan.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 51 g
Saturated Fat 28 g
Unsaturated Fat 20 g
Trans Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 667 mg
Sodium 813 mg
Total Carbohydrates 4 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 1 g
Protein 34 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.