You guys. Tell me I’m not the only one who has like ten minutes to slap some makeup on my face, do something-ish to my hair, and throw on some clothes for the day before my toddler has found a toilet to play in, destroyed every room in the house, or is whining at my feet, tugging me + bossing me to do something that I can’t quite understand?
Oh that’s so my little Graham man right now. He is definitely almost two 🙂 And I’ve gotta be quick getting ready! I’ve always kind of been a minimalist when it comes to makeup, and I’m definitely not a beauty expert, but I thought it’d be fun to share my every day 5 minute makeup routine!
I started using an all over coverage within the last year–I guess I’m aging and my skin needs it! Recently I’ve been using the bareMinerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream and I’m totally loving it! It’s the best of a BB cream, a CC cream, and a tinted moisturizer, all in one. It covers, corrects, gives you a little radiant glow. And it even has a mineral-based broad spectrum SPF 30 in it. I always forget sunscreen on my face so a tinted coverage that has SPF is a bonus + a must living in San Diego.
I picked it up at my local Ulta, and have been using the Natural 05. I’m pretty picky about how coverage feels on my face and this doesn’t feel too thick or cakey or greasy. It’s light, a little dewy and lasts all day.
And this ↓↓ is exactly why I’ve got 5 minutes to do my makeup….
If he isn’t getting into my stuff, he’s likely up to no good with Miles.
Okay, so here’s what I do + my go-to’s:
- Apply the bareMinerals Complexion Rescue all over face with fingertips (or pink sponge thing) and blend well.
- Use a light shadow from this set all over my eye lid.
- I don’t have much to work with when it comes to my brows, so I shape them + fill them in a little with this brown pencil. Doesn’t get cheaper 🙂
- Line my top lid with this liquid black liner. And this is my go to mascara.
- Pink for the cheeks.
- I like to brighten my face a little with illuminator. I use this under my eyes or just above my cheek bones, or sweep this one over the areas I want to highlight as well.
- And finish it off with my go-to nude lips.
The great thing is if I don’t even have five minutes to do my makeup, I can quickly apply the Complexion Rescue with some mascara and lip gloss and I’m good (enough) to go for the day. I’ve been seen in public in so much worse, lol. I just love how the Complexion Rescue keeps my face looking refreshed all day! And it’s the perfect quick fix for my face when I’m rushing to get some makeup on before the boys destroy the house (or each other!)
What are some of your go-to everyday makeup products? Or tips for getting ready with the littles at home? I love this video of a regular, real mom doing her makeup with her sweet babe in tow!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of bareMinerals. The opinions and text are all mine.