We made these Gluten Free Chocolate-Coconut Macaroon Cookies in partnership with Honey Bunches of Oats and their new gluten free Chocolate cereal! Honey Bunches of Oats has always been one of my favorite cereals, but we are especially loving this chocolate version….it’s like dessert for breakfast. What’s not to love?
My little Graham-cracker is especially a fan….
He’s in that independent stage where he wants to everything on his own and everything like his brothers, including sitting at the big boy table 🙂
O is my best helper in the kitchen and loves making cookies with me! Using the Honey Bunches of Oats Chocolate cereal to make macaroon cookies is the best idea ever….one that I never would have thought of. Gives these macaroons a little crispy crunch! The bottom of the cookies get dipped in chocolate, making them extra sweet!
I’m telling you, these taste like Girl Scout Somoa Cookies. We could not stop eating them!
- 3 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cups Honey Bunches of Oats Chocolate cereal, lightly crushed
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg whites, sugar, and salt until really frothy. Fold in coconut and cereal until moistened.
- Drop mixture into 2 inch rounds on prepared baking sheets. Bake until lightly golden, about 25 minutes. Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- Using a microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate chips in microwave in 30-second intervals until smooth.
- Dip bottom part of macaroons into melted chocolate and place on parchment paper. Cool in refrigerator for 30 minutes or until set.
- source: Honey Bunches of Oats.