Last night at 11pm I sat staring at my computer screen not really knowing what to say about this bread, other than “THIS STUFF IS AMAZING AND EVERYONE NEEDS TO MAKE IT!” I sat there on the couch, staring at the blank screen until I fell asleep. I woke up this morning and my husband apparently decided to give me a free pass and write my post for me (which I have now edited, but thank you so much honey!).
It said something like, “Kristy is exhausted and can’t keep her eyes open long enough to type. Our two year old has viral induced asthma and the new kid is running out of room in the whomb, so I guess the three hours of sleep she got last night is taking it’s toll.”
All very true.
And then he said, “I don’t know what she tries to include in a post but it looks like there are some pretty photos in here and the recipe is at the bottom.”
I woke up early to finish writing and got a great laugh. I’m still laughing. Just look at the photos and the recipe is at the bottom you guys.
Would it have worked?
Anyways, about the bread. Who doesn’t love cheesy bread? And topped with avocados ? Grilled to hot and cheesy, toasty perfection, with a nice little smoky flavor too. If you’re grilling meat and veggies for dinner, why not throw some bread on too for a complete meal!
- 1/2 loaf sourdough bread, cut into slices (5-6 slices)
- 3 large avocados, diced
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Brush both sides of the sourdough bread slices with olive oil.
- Place bread on the grill, close, and cook for 2-3 minutes (checking to make sure it's not burning)
- Flip bread over and sprinkle each slice with cheddar cheese (get as cheesy as you want here), then top with diced avocado.
- Close grill and let cook for another 2-3 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Season with salt and pepper and serve warm. Check these frequently to make sure they don't burn. But it's okay to get some nice char-grilled lines in the bread.
Melissa @ Bless this Mess says
Avocado toast if probably my favorite thing ever… I’ve never even thought to add CHHEEEEEESE! This sounds amazing, can’t wait to make it! Hope that bebe is doing well and pregnancy is going great friend!