I’m always a day late for Taco Tuesday, dangit! And I don’t have anything for #maythe4thbewithyou . But at least you have the how-to for these Grilled Salmon Tacos with Avocado Queso Fresco Salsa, just in time for your Cinco De Mayo fiesta tomorrow!
They’re so simple too. And loaded with queso fresco cheese, which I’m totally a newbie using. And whoa! It’s amazing! It’s going on ALL the tacos from here on out. Have you guys used it? Then you give it just a lit
But really, these are as easy as grilling a little seasoned salmon and whipping up this super simple avocado queso fresco salsa. It’s diced avocados, diced onion, diced jalapeño, chopped cilantro, shredded queso fresco, lime juice and salt and pepper.
Salivating yet? Assmeble on a soft corn tortilla and enjoy.
- 2 salmon filets, thawed (boneless)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 head romaine lettuce
- 6 corn tortillas
- 1 large ripe avocado, pitted and diced
- 1/2 white onion, finely diced
- 1/2 jalapeño, seeds removed and diced
- 1/3 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/4 cup shredded or crumbled queso fresco cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Sour cream or Mexican Crema (store bought)
- additional cilantro or lime wedges
- Place diced avocado, diced onion, jalapeño, cilantro, and queso fresco cheese in a medium bowl and gently stir together. Squeeze juice from 1/2 a lime over the top, season with salt and pepper and gently combine. Set aside while you prepare salmon.
- Brush both sides of salmon filets with olive oil. Place the samon on a plate and season both sides with salt and pepper, cumin, chili powder, then squeeze lime juice over the tops. Let marinate for at least an hour in the fridge.
- Heat grill to medium. Brush grill with extra virgin olive oil. Cook salmon on each side for about 6-8 minutes , until cooked and it flakes away with fork. Shred with a fork.
- Warm the corn tortillas in the microwave or oven. Place a little bit of shredded romaine on top of each corn tortilla and top with a spoonful of the grilled salmon, topped with spoonful of the avocado queso fresco mix. Top with a drizzle of Mexican Crema (or sour cream or greek yogurt works too).
Leave a Reply