We just got back from a 10 day vacation to Utah. After eating alll the carbs and sugars Utah has to offer (hello Cafe Rio, Swig, and Sweet Tooth Fairy) I’m ready to get my eating back on track. But first, cheesy Lasagna Meatballs!!
I love these Lasagna Meatballs because you can eat them by themselves or over zucchini noodles for a low carb meal, or you can serve them over pasta, or on a roll to make a lasagna meatball sandwich 🙂
Once you make your meatballs (and cook them) you simply place them in a casserole dish, and layer them with marinara sauce, Ricotta cheese (lots of it!), more sauce, and mozzarella cheese.
There’s so much cheesiness it’s no wonder I love them…
- 1 lb ground beef (or turkey)
- 1 lb ground italian sausage (mild or hot depending prefernce)
- 1/3 cup Panko
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- pinch crushed red pepper
- 2 1/2 cups marinara
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- Preheat oven to 375. Combine all of the ingredients to make the meatballs in a medium bowl, mix well. Roll in to 1 1/2 inch balls and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden.
- Place meatballs in single layer in a 9 X 13 inch casserole dish. Pour half of the marinara sauce over the top of the meatballs. Drop large spoonfuls of ricotta cheese all over the casserole. Pour the rest of the marinara sauce over the top, then cover entire casserole with mozzarella chese.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes at 375 until everything is hot and cheese is melted.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Enjoy meatballs by themselves or serve over noodles.
- recipe source : I Breathe I'm Hungry.
- **I halved the recipe and made a smaller casserole for my family! Original recipe also used Keto marinara sauce, I did not.