These little mini apple donut muffins were a huge hit at our house last weekend. Anything resembling a donut, or a donut hole, or covered in cinnamon and sugar is a winner in my boys’ book. They gobbled them up in minutes. And I totally helped.
It’s a good thing they are miniature. We’ll say four or five is equivalent to one normal muffin. Because I ate at least that many…
The batter for these is really simple and loaded with shredded raw apple. When it’s shredded it’s so fine you hardly get the texture of the apple, just the flavor. If you want bigger chunks of apple, chop the apple instead of shred it:)
Hot out of the oven, you dip these babies in butter, then roll ’em in a cinnamon-sugar mixture. We’re talking melt-in-your-mouth goo-oood.
If these don’t get you excited for fall I don’t know what can 🙂
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup raw, grated apple
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- Cinnamon-sugar mixture for coating (1/4 cup sugar + 1 tbsp cinnamon)
- Mix dry ingredients together. Cut in butter. Whisk the egg, milk, and grated apple together. Mix wet ingredients with the dry ingredients. Pour into a lightly greased mini muffin pan and bake at 375 for 10-15 minutes until just slightly golden.
- Dip in melted butter then roll in cinnamon sugar mixture.
- source : Feeding Our Flock Church Cookbook