Taco to the Tuesday my friends! On a Wednesday….and in salad form, with an enchilada twist. Itty bitty wedge salad form too. Maybe not so fitting for Taco Tuesday after all, but hey! I’ll eat these little babies any day of the week! Mini Turkey Enchilada Wedge Salads you guys. Cute and tasty. Fun for parties (Cinco De Mayo!) or just any week night dinner.
I’ve been buying these Green Giant Little Gem Lettuce Hearts lately and they are perfect for wedge salads. I love these because they have the sweet taste of butter lettuce + the crunch of romaine. Perfect combo!
Cook a little meat, add a little enchilada sauce + beans + corn. Top it on these wedges and put allllll the toppings you want on them. Cilantro, tomatoes, chips, salsa, sour cream. Chop it all up and eat your salad loving guts out.
And do like I do, and always eat yo’ Mexican with a diet coke!
- 1 lb ground turkey or lean ground beef
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 (14 oz) can black beans, drained
- 1 (14) oz can corn, drained
- 1 (14 oz) can red enchilada sauce
- 3 Little Gem Lettuce Hearts (Green Giant Brand is what I use, found at local Ralphs)
- cilantro, diced tomato, sour cream, salsa,
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tbsp olive oil and saute minced garlic and diced onion until translucent. Add ground turkey and cook until browned and cooked through. Drain any liquid. Stir in taco seasoning and salt and pepper (to taste). Add black beans, corn and enchilada sauce. Stir together and let simmer for 5 minutes or so. Remove from heat.
- Rinse lettuce gems and cut in half lengthwise. Place on a plate (cut side up) and top with enchilada turkey. Serve with desired toppings. Chop into a salad and enjoy!
- makes 6 individual wedge salads (serves 3-4 people)