This post is sponsored by Kraft Foods. All opinions are my own.
Over the last few months I’ve been cooking and baking with MIRACLE WHIP Dressing. I’ve made artichoke dip with it, delicious slaw burgers, apple and kale potato salad, and lastly this Heavenly Chocolate Cake. (Yep, MIRACLE WHIP Dressing in cake!) I’ve learned that while its bold and tangy flavor is great in summer salads, burgers, and dips it can also be used in fall and seasonal dishes, even desserts!
This Heavenly Chocolate Cake is one of a kind! Don’t let the fact that it’s made with MIRACLE WHIP Dressing scare you. It adds so much moisture and richness to the cake. I promise you will be pleasantly surprised. What’s even better? This recipe starts with a cake mix, the dressing just doctors it up a bit (and no one will ever know it wasn’t made from scratch).
I baked this cake shortly after giving birth to Graham while we had family in town visiting. I considered it a celebratory cake for the new babe and mama (me!). You all know how much I love chocolate:) Three layers of rich, moist chocolate cake with layers of vanilla cream cheese frosting and topped with chocolate sprinkles just for fun. My family loved it! (just an fyi: the original Kraft recipe uses a chocolate cream cheese frosting, I just omitted the cocoa to make a vanilla cream cheese instead)
I know pumpkin desserts are the right now (I’m obsessed too), but this this cake would be a great addition to any event, party or gathering throughout the upcoming holidays. Everyone who tastes it will be wowed! So don’t be afraid to do something as bold as adding MIRACLE WHIP Dressing to your chocolate cake.
- 1 pkg. (2-layer size) chocolate cake mix (not pudding in the mix variety)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, divided
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1 cup MIRACLE WHIP Dressing
- 4 oz. (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 tbsp. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2-1/2 cups sifted powered sugar
- HEAT oven to 350° F.
- SPRAY 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray. Coat with flour; set aside. Stir cake mix and 1/2 cup cocoa in large mixing bowl. Add eggs, water and dressing; beat with mixer until well blended. Pour into prepared pan.
- BAKE 30 to 35 min. or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- BEAT cream cheese, milk and vanilla with mixer until well blended. Gradually add combined powdered sugar and remaining cocoa, beating well after each addition. Spread over cake.
- I didn't add the cocoa to the frosting and made a vanilla cream cheese frosting instead!
- Source: MIRACLE WHIP