This post is sponsored by Kraft Foods. All opinions are my own.
Memorial Day is just around the corner! Which means, it’s time for barbecues and back yard parties! We’ll most likely spend the day getting ready to move, but we will be enjoying good food at some point! I love Memorial Day because it seems to be the official kick off to summer! This summer will be a new adventure for us in California and we are excited!
We love to barbecue with friends any chance we get and our new house in San Diego actually has a back yard (it’s a tiny one, but it beats a balcony). We can finally host some backyard barbecues this summer. So it’s time for burgers and hot dogs, watermelon, and potato salad! Right? Every summer barbecue needs a potato salad. And Memorial Day wouldn’t be the same without it either. I love this MIRACLE WHIP Kale & Apple Potato Salad because it’s not what you’d expect from a potato salad. The addition of kale gives it a fun and nutritional pop of color, and the sweet, crispy apples pair perfectly with the sweet and tangy MIRACLE WHIP Dressing.
You only need a few ingredients to throw this salad together and you can do it in less than 20 minutes. You’ll need baby red potatoes, a couple of apples, some kale, and red onion. I’m guessing you already have the potatoes, apples, and onion on hand (at least I usually do!) So just run to the store and grab that kale to whip up this tasty salad.
The dressing requires just three ingredients, MIRACLE WHIP, dijon mustard, and apple cider vinegar. You guys, I’m telling you this is the easiest potato salad you’ll ever make ! It will wow your friends and family, it’s a must-make for your Memorial Day barbecues or any backyard summer parties to come!
- 3/4 cup MIRACLE WHIP Dressing
- 1 Tbsp. GREY POUPON Dijon Mustard
- 2 tsp. cider vinegar
- 2 lb. new red potatoes, cut in quarters, cooked & cooled
- 4 cups coarsely chopped kale
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 apples, cored and diced
- Mix dressing, mustard and vinegar until blended.
- Combine remaining ingredients in large bowl; Add dressing mixture; mix lightly.
- Refrigerate several hours or until chilled.
- Tip: Sprinkle with poppy seeds or diced, cooked bacon, if desired.
- source: MIRACLE WHIP
“MIRACLE WHIP and Proud of It.”