Make this One Pan Wonder of Roasted Butternut Squash, Brussels Sprouts, Chicken Sausage and Bacon for dinner. My current favorite meal!
Let’s all eat this on repeat for dinner for the rest of forever, mmmkay? I really could!
I whipped up this One Pan Wonder of a dinner last week when I was heading out to dinner with girlfriends. But after making it for Brett and wishing I was eating it too, I made it again the next night. Butternut squash, brussels sprouts, chicken sausage, bacon, with a little rosemary and garlic all roasted on the SAME pan –> One Pan Wonder!
The secret is roasting the bacon first, then roasting the rest of the veggies and chicken sausage IN the bacon grease. Huuuuzaaaaah. #whateverthatmeans It adds so much flavor and it’s just so dang good!
Roast it up + serve it in a big ol’ bowl! So healthy you can have ice cream after dinner. Or pumpkin cookies.
One pan wonder Roasted Butternut Squash, Brussels Sprouts, Chicken Sausage and Bacon!
One Pan Wonder: Roasted Fall Veggies with Chicken Sausage + Bacon
an easy, healthy dinner full of veggies and meat your family will love!
- 4 fully cooked chicken sausage links, sliced (your preferred flavor)
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 1/2 cups diced butternut squash ( I used pre-cut bag from Trader Joe's)
- 1 1/2 cups diced or shaved brussels sprouts
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- 2-3 sprigs rosemary
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- Heat oven to broil.
- Line a large baking sheet with foil, lightly spray with cooking spray and lay bacon on the sheet. Broil for several minutes, flip over, and cook on the other side until cooked to desired crispness. (watch closely- can burn quickly on broil if you forget to check it!)
- Remove the bacon and place on separate plate lined with a paper towel. Absorbe extra grease with a paper towel, then crumble.
- Reduce oven heat to 425.
- Toss the chick sausage, butternut squash, brussels sprouts, and minced garlic, together on the same baking sheet IN the bacon grease from the pan.
- If needed, add a tablespoon or two of olive oil and toss together. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread out in single layer on the baking sheet , sprinkle with a little rosemary and roast for 25 minutes, stirring half way through. Cook until the vegetables are fork tender or even slightly browned (if you like that!)
- Toss in the bacon crumbles and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
Serving Size 4-6 people
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.