Bananas stuffed with almond butter and cinnamon toasted pecans, baked in the oven for a healthy treat!
Yesterday I found myself “cracking out on nut butter and fruit” and this was the result.
Technically, these oven baked Cinnamon-Pecan Almond Butter Banana Boats aren’t Whole30 compliant. The ingredients are, but the concept isn’t. While on Whole30 you aren’t supposed to snack or have any type of food that would replace a treat or dessert. Unless you are breastfeeding (ME!!) snacks are okay and encouraged. Sooooo, we’ll just call these banana boats a snack okay? (Even though they very much satisfied the sweet tooth!)
These banana boats are a great healthy snack or treat for anyone, Whole30 or not. If you’re trying to eat healthier this year these are the perfect way to satisfy those sugar cravings. Kids will even love them!
To make the boats, first toast some pecans in a little bit of coconut oil over medium-high heat. While they are toasting, sprinkle in some cinnamon.
Then, slice the bananas lengthwise, about half way through. Shape a piece of tin foil around each banana, supporting it so it will sit flat on a baking sheet and not tip over. Spread some almond butter down center of the bananas then stuff with some of the cinnamon toasted pecans as well. Give the bananas an extra sprinkle of cinnamon over the top then pop these babies in the oven!
Warm bananas with crunchy toasted pecans and creamy almond butter…mmmm. And the cinnamon adds just the touch of both sweetness and spice.
- 2 bananas
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, plus extra for dusting bananas
- 2-4 tbsp almond butter
- Preheat oven to 350
- Melt coconut oil in a small pan over medium-high heat. Add pecans and cinnamon, cook, stirring continuously until toasted. Set aside.
- With peels still on, cut each banana 1/2 inch deep (about half way through)
- Place bananas on a sheet of foil. Crimp and shape foil around the bananas so they will sit flat on a baking sheet.
- Fill bananas with 1-2 tbsp almond butter and 1-2 tbs toasted pecans. Sprinkle with a dash of cinnamon.
- Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes or until bananas are soft. Let cool slightly before removing the peel and eating.
- **use more or less almond butter and chopped pecans