Morning Oatmeal meets peach cobbler! This sugar free breakfast is loaded with fresh peaches, cinnamon and nutmeg.
Hey there Sweet Treats & More readers! Serene from House of Yumm back here with you. Today I am bringing you this fantastic breakfast of Peach Cobbler Oatmeal. This sugar free dish is loaded with fresh juicy peaches, flavored with cinnamon, nutmeg, and a little almond extract for extra sweetness. I can’t think of a better way to start the day!
Oatmeal is one of my favorite breakfasts. It’s so easy to add to and change up. I have been playing around with peach cobbler recipes lately in the kitchen. Which means I’ve been having a never ending supply of those gorgeous fruits on my counter lately. I have to get double because my little 2 year old loves them! Whenever I start cutting up peaches all I hear is, “Share Mommy.” Mhmm. Sharing is so much more fun when it involves her getting peaches. Not when it involves giving her sister a toy. This little breakfast treat was made mostly for her. A combination of two of her favorites, oatmeal and peaches! This child could eat oatmeal for every meal of the day if I let her.
The recipe calls for almond milk, but you can substitute that with any kind of milk, or even water if you would prefer. I chose to sweeten this with honey as opposed to sugar, you can always substitute the honey for agave, maple syrup, or brown sugar if you want. Just sweeten to taste and enjoy!
- 2 Cups Old Fashioned Oats
- 1 Cup Almond Milk
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon Almond Extract
- 1 Peach (chopped )
- In medium sized bowl add the oats and the almond milk. Stir together.
- Place bowl in microwave (ensure it's a microwave safe bowl) and heat for about 1 minute 30 seconds until the oats are softened. Remove from the microwave and stir.
- Add in the honey, cinnamon, nutmeg and almond extract. Stir to combine.
- Fold in the chopped up peaches.
- Spoon into two smaller bowls to serve. Garnish with additional peaches and a drizzle of honey if desired!
More Recipes From House of Yumm
Connect with Serene online so you never miss a recipe!