I’m totally, 100%, jumping in on the whole acai bowl craze. Full force my friends.
Last weekend we went to a local farmers market and it had the best food! After sampling just about everything, I decided on an acai bowl for lunch. I’d had them before but never the kind with bananas, berries, and peanut butter!! I wasn’t sure how the peanut butter would be with the berries and acai, but it was DIVINE!
The VERY next day, I recreated it. I am not ashamed to admit it has become a meal replacement for me…just a few times this week.
I bought these frozen Sambazan Acai Superfruit Packs from Costco. I blended one packet with a frozen banana and unsweetened almond milk. It’s not very sweet, but when you load it up with berries, bananas, peanut butter and granola, it doesn’t really need to be.
If you disagree, add a little honey or use sweetened almond or cashew milk. It definitley would not be a bad thing 😉
And if you’re like me, add gobs and gobs of peanut butter!! And eat these babies all summa long. Just like I plan to.
- 1 Sambazon Acai Superfruit Pack (pure unsweetened, frozen)
- 1 frozen banana, chopped into several pieces
- 1/2 cup almond milk, unsweetened (or other liquid of choice)
- 1/4 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/4 cup sliced bananas
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 2-3 tbsp all natural peanut butter (or however much you'd like)
- 1/4 cup granola
- Run the frozen Sambazon packet under water for 5 seconds. Break up the packet then empty into a powerful blender (I use the blendtec). Add the frozen banana and almond milk. Blend until creamy.
- Immediately pour into a bowl and top with fruit, peanut butter, and granola. Serve right away (it melts fast!)