This week I got a serious craving for some peanut butter cookies…
I hesitate to make peanut butter cookies because Owen is allergic to peanut butter AND he’s kind of a cookie monster. Wait…I’m a cookie monster too. Together, the two of us can’t be stopped. But I just don’t think it’s very nice to make cookies he can’t even eat. Not nice at all.
These peanut butter cookies are loaded with Rice Krispies, giving you that snap, crackly pop in every bite of peanut buttery goodness. Thin, chewy and crispy all in the same cookie.
- 1/2 cup butter, soft
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/4 cup Rice Krispie cereal
- Preheat oven to 350. Line cookie sheets with parchment or silpat.
- Cream butter and sugar together until fluffy. Beat in peanut butter, egg, and vanilla until creamy.
- In a separate bowl combine four, salt, and soda. Then slowly beat in to the wet ingredients. Gently stir in rice krispies. Let dough chill for 1 hr.
- Roll into balls and place on cookie sheets. Bake for 9-11 minutes or until bottoms start to slightly brown. Let cool for several minutes before transferring to cooling rack.
- **not chilling dough will result in a flatter cookie.