Last week I took dinner to a good friend that just had a baby girl, and made these Peanut Butter Swirled Nutella Cookies to take for dessert.
The first few
weeks days after I have a baby, I want to eat all the carbs, all the cheese, and alll the chocolate. I just had a baby for crying out loud, I deserve it! Right? I assume my friends who have babies feel the same way, so I like to take them a meal that’s a little indulgent, with dessert of course. We can diet later….much, much later 😉 (And here I am doing whole30, 4 months later!)
I adapted these cookies from my girl Ambitious Kitchen’s 5 Ingredient Fudgy Nutella Cookies. I just took them a step further by adding peanut butter. Monique creates some amazing cookies–you have to try her Nutella Stuffed Brown Butter + Sea Salt Chocolate Chip Cookies. They are the bees knees, and hands down one of my favorite cookies eva! So make them.
And then make these babies.
Peanut butter, swirled in Nutella cookies you guys! Well, this one is more like a puddle of peanut butter in a Nutella cookie. But it’s all the same. Some of the cookies might be swirly, some might be puddly. All delicious!
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup nutella
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a small bowl, whisk flour and baking soda together.
- Whisk together Nutella, eggs, brown sugar and vanilla in a medium bowl. Whisk flour into the nutella mixture and mix until well combined.
- Add a few drops of peanut butter throughout the Nutella dough and gently swirl it into the dough without mixing it n completely. Fold over the dough and continue doing this until 1/3 cup of peanut butter is used. Chill the dough for about 20 minutes.
- Scoop rounded tablespoons of dough on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- adapted from Ambitious Kitchen.