Brett and I are starting a cleanse today. It’s the 3-Day Sambazon Purifying Cleanse. We don’t just drink juices for three days, we get to eat good food still! Lots of veggies and fruit, quinoa, and veggie burgers. No animal products. No sugar. No caffeine. Just looking at this cheesy little meatloaf is killing me. And YES! No caffeine = no diet coke! Wah wah.
The last two days have been prep days where we’ve basically followed the same dietary rules except we haven’t been drinking the juices. Those start today. So I’ve already been two days without caffeine and sugar. This is big for me you guys. I saw the Sambazon cleanse at Costco and just decided I wanted to try it, kind of on a whim. So I’m making Brett do it with me. Plus, I spent last weekend at the Duncan Hines test kitchen where I practically ate my weight in sugar. With food season (ahem, sugar season) upon us I could use this to hopefully gain control of my cravings! The whole point is to feel “pure.”
I can do anything for just three days, right?!?
Don’t worry, I won’t bore you with what we’re eating while on the cleanse….I’ve got normal recipes for ya! We actually made these mini Pizza Meatloaf Bites several weeks ago. My kids went crazy for these. And my husband, well, it was like he was eating a plate of giant meatballs for dinner. No complaining from him. They’re perfect for dinner or perfect for entertaining.
I started by halving this Easy No Fail Turkey Meatloaf (it’s one of the most popular recipes on my site right now! Give it a try!). Feel free to use regular ground beef or extra lean ground beef instead of the turkey burger. Scoop the meat mixture into a muffin tin to bake, and half-way through baking top with pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, and pepperoni. They’re so easy and make a dozen little cheesy, pizza meatloaf bites!
- 1 pound ground turkey, thawed (or use extra lean ground beef)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup dried bread crumbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 jar pizza sauce
- 12 slices pepperoni
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- 1. in a large bowl combine the ground turkey, egg, onion, milk, bread crumbs, and salt and pepper.
- 2. lightly grease a muffin tin and fill each cup with 1/4 cup meat.
- 3. Bake for about 25-30 minutes (until almost cooked through) remove, and cover each meatloaf with pizza sauce, a sprinkle of mozzarella cheese, and a slice of pepperoni. Place back in the oven and continue baking for another 10-20 minutes until cooked through and cheese is melted.