I’ve two got life-changing things for you today.
My favorite, super creamy Oatmeal that your mornings are begging you for, and a free shopping tool that will make your entire grocery shopping experience better! And I’m talking the whole enchilada- from making your list at home, finding circulars near you, clipping coupons, shopping in the store, AND it will help you save money!!
Flipp is a free shopping app that brings you all of your local weekly circulars so you can easily plan your shopping and find the best deals! I’m not a big couponer. I’ve tried it before and failed miserably every single time. I do like to shop the deals though, look at what’s on sale at my favorite stores (Ralphs, Vons, Trader Joe’s). And what’s really great with the Flipp app is you can create a list in the app and it automatically finds local deals for the items on your list! You can select the deals you want to shop and you can even digitally clip coupons.
Some of my favorite features in the app–
Photo List– If all you’ve had time to do is jot your list down on a piece of paper or sticky note, you can now take a picture of your list, upload it to Flipp and watch it become transcribed in the app! Cool right? Makes a busy mama’s life easier.
Store Mode- While you’re using the app in-store, you can use “store-mode” that will sort your list by aisle too….you know, for those of us who hit every isle about fifty times.
Family Sync- I can sync my account with Brett so I can make the list, and he can do the shopping :)Or we can go together and shop from the same list – to divide and conquer. We just went to the grocery store last night together, divided and conquered our shopping list and spent $77.22 – SAVING $37.83 (and I didn’t even use coupons). I simply planned ahead using Flipp, reviewed the circulars, familiarized myself with what was available on sale and shopped.
So go ahead and toss all those weekly flyers that come in the mail aside (ahem…recycle)…and do it all digitally using the Flipp app! The Flipp app is free and available for iOS and Android. To download Flipp visit the app store or Google Play store and share in the comments below just how much you saved!
Now…..you wanna know the secret to this perfectly creamy bowl of oatmeal????
1) I always cook my oats in half unsweetened almond milk, half water, with a sprinkle of salt + cinnamon. And I let the oats simmer on low for a loooong time. Like 20 minutes long–which is long in the world of making oatmeal! I used to only ever make the kind that takes three minutes in the microwave 🙂
Then I add sliced bananas, blueberries (which hey, were 2 for $5 this week at Ralphs), some all natural peanut butter, and a drizzle of honey! The best ever.
The very best morning oatmeal
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup Coach's Oats
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- sliced bananas
- 1/2 tbsp all natural peanut butter
- sprinkle of chia seeds
- drizzle of honey
- Bring the almond milk and water to a boil, then reduce to heat to a simmer. Stir in coach's oats (or rolled oats, or steel cut oats), cinnamon, and salt and let simmer on low, low heat for 20 minutes, stirring every few minutes. If it starts to thicken too quickly, whisk in a little almond milk.
- Remove from heat and divide among bowls (will serve about three). Top with sliced bananas, blueberries, peanut butter, chia seeds and a drizzle of honey!
This post is sponsored by Flipp. All opinions are my own! Thanks for supporting the brands I work with and love!