My friend Jill brought us dinner after I had Graham and with it she made the most amazing banana cream pie. I single-handedly ate the entire thing. After several slices of the homemade deep dish pizza she made us. Of course, it was justified by the fact that I’m a nursing mama. We are supposed to eat more 😉
Truth is, with my first baby breastfeeding melted the weight right off but I haven’t been so lucky with baby number three. I’ve had to pump the breaks a little. No more pie after every meal for me 😐 Even though I could have easily eaten this entire Pumpkin Cream Pudding Pie as well.
It was inspired by my friends banana cream pie, made with layers of creamy vanilla pudding and sweetened pumpkin cream cheese.
Instant vanilla pudding, sweetened condensed milk, and fresh whipped cream make the vanilla pudding layer. This by itself could be devoured with a spoon. It’s heavenly. Poured over a pumpkin cream cheese layer in a pie crust and it’s one pretty dreamy pie, perfect for the holidays.
I used a graham cracker crust but you can use any pre-made crust you’d like. This recipe will make two pies so there will be plenty to go around!
- 2 pre-made graham cracker pie crusts
- 1 (4 oz) package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (14 oz) can pumpkin
- 8 oz cream cheese, soft
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 pint whipping cream (need 1 cup whipped cream + additional for topping)
- 1 tbsp sugar
- In a medium bowl beat whipping cream and 1 tbsp sugar until soft peaks form, set aside.
- In a separate bowl whisk instant vanilla pudding and sweetened condensed milk together. Chill until thick (like pudding consistency) then gently fold in one cup of the whipped cream. Return to the fridge to chill.
- In another bowl, beat cream cheese until soft and no lumps. Add pumpkin, sugar, vanilla, and pumpkin pie spice and beat until creamy.
- Divide and pour half of the pumpkin cream mixture into the two pie crusts. Pour the vanilla cream pudding over the pumpkin cream layer (dividing evenly among pies). Chill for an hour before serving. Serve with fresh whipped cream on top!