I’m not really ready to say goodbye to the warm weather, our days at the pool, and my baby’s days of wearing just a onesie. But I’m liking the idea of fall, apples and cinnamon, hay rides and hot cocoa, and lots and lots of pumpkin.
I got the pumpkin party started over the weekend and it looked a little like this….
Hungry for fall yet?
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 large (5.1 oz) box Vanilla Instant pudding
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1 (15 oz) can pure pumpkin
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temp
- 1(8oz) container Cool Whip (or fresh whipped cream)
- Chocolate syrup
- Melt butter and water in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in flour until there are no lumps. Add one egg at a time, stirring until each is completely mixed in.
- Lightly grease a 9x13 inch cake pan (including the sides). Spread dough evenly throughout the pan and up the sides. You want to make sure there are no big holes.
- Bake at 350 for 25-35 minutes or until big and puffy and lightly golden brown. Cover with a towel and let cool completely.
- Make pudding following box directions using 2 1/2 cups milk (instead of 3). Whisk in canned pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice until smooth.
- In a stand mixer (or using a hand mixer) beat the cream cheese until there are no lumps (make sure the cream cheese is room temp and soft). Slowly beat in pumpkin pudding to the cream cheese (about a half cup at a time).
- When the eclair shell has cooled completely, press down any large bubbles and fill the shell with the pumpkin-pudding filling.
- Spread cool whip over the top and refrigerate 1-2 hours until chilled. Serve with a drizzle of chocolate syrup.