Get dinner on the table in minutes with these super quick, flavorful Creamy Salsa Chicken Burritos!
I shared these burritos over at Chef In Training just after she had her baby boy. They’re the perfect dinner for a new mom, or just a busy mom, which I’m pretty sure is all of us! Or just for anyone looking for a super quick dinner.
These only take 10-15 minutes to throw together! Shredded rotisserie chicken, Greek yogurt, salsa (of your choice), and black beans, make a super creamy, flavorful chicken filling to stuff inside a warm tortilla. Roll them up with a little brown rice, lettuce, and cheese and you’ve got a great tasting burrito! The Greek yogurt makes the filling especially creamy, and I promise, no one will know you used Greek yogurt! Make these as mild or as spicy as you’d like with the type of salsa you use!
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 (14 oz) can black beans, drained
- 2 cups plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 cup salsa (I really like to use a mild Salsa verde)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups cooked brown rice (use the quick rice)
- chopped lettuce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese
- four flour tortillas (or use whole wheat)
- In a saucepan, whisk Greek yogurt, salsa, cumin, garlic, and salt and pepper together over medium heat. Stir in shredded chicken, black beans, and 1/2 cup of shredded cheese. Cook over medium heat until cheese is melted and mixture is hot.
- Warm flour tortillas in the microwave or on a griddle. Divide creamy chicken mixture among tortillas. Top with a heaping spoonful of brown rice, chopped lettuce, and a sprinkle of shredded cheese. Roll up burritos and serve.