Hey there Sweets Treats & More readers! Serene from House of Yumm here with you today. How was everyone’s Easter weekend? I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. Spring is my absolute favorite season of the year. The colors, the flavors, everything is new and fresh. These Rainbow Sherbet Muddy Buddies just scream Spring to me. Just look at those colors, not to mention the flavors! Raspberry, Orange, and of course..Lime. All mixed together to re-create that wonderful mixture of Rainbow Sherbet.
This snack is super easy to put together. Muddy buddies are one of the easiest snacks to make. This one does take a little bit longer, due to the three colors and flavors that are included. But it’s still super easy. And if you don’t want to do the different colors to save a step and some time, they will still taste just as wonderful. I used Candy Melts in pink, green, and orange, I think using the different colors really adds to the fun of this snack. But again, if you’re pressed for time, you can always make these with just the white candy melts and the flavor will still be the same.
To flavor these, I used gelatin mixtures. I was able to find the boxes of gelatin in all those flavors mentioned above. Raspberry, Orange, and Lime. I don’t know how common the Raspberry flavor is, if you’re not able to find it at your market I would just snag a Strawberry. Trust me, no one is going to complain, or even notice.
And just like when eating the real Rainbow Sherbet feel free to eat each flavor at a time or grab one of each to combine all the flavors together! This is the perfect snack for Spring and Summer, and we don’t have to worry about it melting!
- 9 cups Chex Cereal
- 1/2 cup pink candy melts
- 1/2 cup orange candy melts
- 1/2 cup green candy melts
- 2 tablespoons raspberry gelatin
- 2 tablespoons orange gelatin
- 2 tablespoons lime gelatin
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar divided
- Set up three small mixing bowls and three cookie sheets covered with wax paper, set the cookie sheets aside.
- In each of the small bowls add 3 cups of the Chex cereal. In a microwave safe bowl melt the candy melts (one color at a time) according to the directions on the package. Pour the melted candy melts over the Chex cereal. Stir until completely coated.
- Add the gelatin and 1/4 cup powdered sugar to the bowl with the corresponding color, pink for the raspberry, orange for the orange, and green for the lime. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, shake to coat the Chex cereal with the gelatin/powdered sugar. Pour out onto the cookie sheet with the wax paper to allow to cool and set.
- Repeat with all flavors.
More Springtime treats from House of Yumm:
I hope you enjoyed the recipe and will follow along on my cooking adventures: