My sis-in-law hasn’t had the best of luck with a recent foot surgery, and had to go in for a second “correctional” procedure today. So I thought I’d make these to share with her.
Caramel-Pecan Coconut Brownies
- 1 1/2 c. flour
- 2 c. sugar
- 1 c. vegetable oil
- 1/2 c. cocoa
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 pkg Kraft Caramel Bits
- 1/3 c. evaporated milk
- 1 c. chopped pecans
- 1 c. sweetened coconut flakes
- Mix all ingredients and bake in 13X9 in. pan at 325 degrees for 25 minutes. Quick, easy, and good!
- Preheat oven to 350. Prepare brownie batter and spread half of the batter into a well-greased 9X13 inch pan. Set remaining batter aside. Bake brownies for approximately 15-20 minutes or until top is firm to the touch.
- Meanwhile, microwave caramel bits and evaporated milk on high for 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until caramel bits begin to melt. Stir until complete melted. Add pecans and coconut and mix well. Spread over partially baked brownie. Top with remaining brownie batter. I dropped it by the spoonful then swirled it into the caramel topping.
- Continue baking for an addition 20-25 minutes or until top is firm to the touch. Let cool completely before serving.
- adapted from Kraft Caramel Pecan Brownies (found on Kraft Caramel Bits package)