It’s Wednesday! We are half way through the week and if you’re anything like me you’re needing some cookies to get you through the rest of it. Actually, I think I’m gonna need cookies every day to get me through the next week and a half. Cookies, on my couch, cranking the air conditioning. It might be the only way I survive the last little bit of this pregnancy.
These cookies are loaded with caramel bits and dark chocolate chips with just a sprinkle of sea salt on top. Using the caramel bits is a super easy way to achieve that yummy salted caramel flavor. Just out of the oven, the caramel is warm and gooey perfection. So don’t let them cool too long before you dig in.
- 1 cup butter, room temp
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/3 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cup caramel bits
- sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a bowl mix flour, soda and salt and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter and sugars together until fluffy. Beat in vanilla and eggs.
- Slowly mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients.
- Gently stir in dark chocolate chips and caramel bits.
- Chill dough for one hour. Scoop dough onto parchment lined cookie sheets and sprinkle with sea salt. Bake at 350 for 10-11 minutes. Let cool for several minutes before transferring to a cookie sheet.
- adapted from My Fav Chocolate Chip Cookies.