Happy Monday friends! We’ve got one more week of summer, so we are soaking it up!
I’ve got the easiest Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Chicken for ya! I made it last week when we had the LDS missionaries over for dinner and went all out with a taco bar. Unfortunately, I didn’t get any pictures of the whole thing. But imagine, guac, black beans, rice, chips, our favorite restaurant style blender salsa, tomatoes and corn. Salad, tortillas. DIET COKE 🙂 With limes!
It was probably the most work I’ve put in to a meal the whole summer. My poor family, haha! We just need to have dinner guests more often.
This chicken was the least of the work! Chicken, a jar of salsa verde, and a few seasonings. Put everything in the slow cooker and let it do it’s thing all day. I like cooking it on low for 6-8 hours or until the chicken just falls apart. So get it in their early 🙂 We used the leftovers for taco salads, tacos, and quesadillas all last week. Keep this one in your back pocket for Taco Tuesday and dinners as we’re all heading back to school.
- 4 large chicken breasts, thawed
- 16 oz salsa verde
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp chili powder (or trader joe's chili-lime seasoning is good too)
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- salt + pepper
- place the chicken in a 6 qt slow cooker.
- whisk salsa verde, honey (melted), cumin, chili powder, lime, juice, garlic salt, and salt and pepper together. pour over chicken.
- cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until the chicken is fork tender (and falls apart easily).
- remove chicken and shred. place back into the slow cooker.
- use it to make tacos, salads, quesadillas