One can never have too many chocolate chip cookie recipes? Am I right?! Sure, I have my absolute favorites like these and these, and definitely these. But I’m always open to more chocolate chip cookie goodness. One of my latest go-to’s when we’re all craving cookies on a Friday night but don’t want to eat our weight in the dough or the cookies, is The Baker Chicks Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies for Two. They really make 6-8 perfect chocolate chip cookies (depending on the size of the cookie). I’ve raved about them on Instagram and you guys really have to try them!
Last week I played with the recipe a little and tried using coconut oil, coconut sugar and whole wheat flour instead of butter, table sugar, and white flour. I am obsessed with the results! These aren’t paleo, they are just a little better for you, with just a few simple ingredients swaps.
I’ve made them five times over the last two weeks. My kids love them, my friends loved them. And the great thing is it’s a small batch so you can’t do too much damage! Try them! Especially if you’re a fan of coconut flavored cookies 🙂
- 3 tbs coconut oil
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk coconut oil, egg yolk, coconut sugar, and vanilla together. Mix in whole wheat flour and baking soda. Lastly stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop dough into one inch balls, shaping together with your hands (may be slightly crumbly but will mold into balls okay) Bake at 8 minutes. Remove and let cool for two minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.