I shared this recipe over at I Heart Naptime’s Hello Summer event a couple of weeks ago. My sweet tooth has been playing weird games on me lately. Things I don’t typically crave, I can’t seem to get enough of lately. Like Cap’n Crunch cereal at 10:00 at night, and pans and pans of rice krispie treats. I blame pregnancy. As I draw near the end, I’m pulling an “I’ll eat whatever I want attitude” because I’m tired and hot, and emotional. And convinced a pan of rice krispie treats will make me feel better.
Because my husband has the most insanely strict eating habits and self control, I really do end up eating the entire pan (after my kids eat one or two.) You’d think after consuming an entire pan I’d be done with rice krispie treats for a while. But give me a few days and I’m craving them again. And that’s how these babies were born.
Think s’mores meet Oreos meet rice krispie treats. Chunks of Oreo cookies and graham crackers tossed in with the rice krispie cereal, stirred into the gooey marshmallows. Top them off with chocolate and more crushed graham crackers.
The perfect summer time, no bake treat!
- 3 1/2 cups rice krispie cereal
- 1 1/2 cups crushed Oreos
- 1 3/4 cups crushed graham crackers
- 1 (10 oz) bag marshmallows
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 dab butter or crisco
- In a large bowl combine rice krispie cereal, crushed oreos, and 1 1/2 cups crushed graham crackers together. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium-low heat, melt marshmallows and 1/4 cup butter together. Remove from heat and whisk in vanilla. Gently fold in cereal mix.
- Press into a lightly greased 9X13 inch pan (or 8X8 inch pan for thicker squares).
- In a small bowl, melt chocolate chips with a dab of butter or crisco in the microwave, stirring every 10-15 seconds. Drizzle all over the top of rice krispie treats. Sprinkle chocolate with the leftover (1/4 cup) crushed graham crackers.
- **crush the oreos and graham crackers as fine or as chunky as you prefer!