This post is sponsored by Old El Paso.
This Spicy Tex-Mex Egg White Scramble is full of flavor and it’s healthy!! Woohoo! With all of the sugar I find myself making and eating this time of year, I’m trying to balance it with a lot of healthy meals. Works right? Egg white scrambles or omelets are our go-to for healthy meals. But eating the same old scramble or omelet gets old fast so we like trying to mix things up a bit, and add new flavors.
In this tex-mex scramble, egg whites get seasoned with Old El Paso’s Hot & Spicy Taco Seasoning. Be ready for some kick! Never seasoned your eggs with a little taco seasoning? You should try it!
Into the scramble goes some garlic, onions, diced tomatoes, black beans, and cheese. And of course avocado. Eggs are always better with avocado!!
Serve with a side of toast, warm tortilla, or even wrap it up to make little breakfast burritos.
- 6 egg whites
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 3 tablespoon chopped white onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes with green chiles, drained
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 package Old El Paso Spicy Taco Seasoning
- Salt & pepper to taste
- ¼ cup shredded cheese
- 1 avocado, pitted and sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Beat egg whites, eggs, milk, cheese and salt and pepper together in a large bowl.
- Coat a large saucepan with one tablespoon extra virgin olive oil. Sauté onion and garlic over medium heat until golden.
- Stir in diced tomatoes and black beans.
- Add egg mixture plus taco seasoning to pan and cook over medium heat.
- Once eggs begin to curdle, gently fold eggs to stir.
- Increase to medium-high and continue to stir until liquid is cooked out.
- Sprinkle with cheese and serve with sliced avocados on top.
- use regular taco seasoning for a mild flavor
Ari@The DIva Dish says
This season is such a sweet treats season for sure, so I LOVE seeing a healthy and tasty meal! Sounds so flavorful!
I may have overlooked this, but what do you reserve the juice from the rotel for? This looks great!
Hi Lauren, that was a typo, no need to save the juices! Just drain. I fixed it in the recipe!Thanks!
capturing joy with kristen duke says
that sounds so delicious! I love some good tex mex;)
I’ve never tried the hot and spicy seasoning, but I think I must now! I would love this for breakfast!
My sister would love this! She is such a fan of eating only egg whites whenever she has eggs for breakfast. I’m definitely going to pass this one on to her!