Hello! I’m Amy over at My Name Is Snickerdoodle and I am completely excited to be here at Boys Ahoy sharing one of my favorite recipes! I also have three boys like Kristy and love them to bits!
My husband is a native Texas and always wanted whatever children he had to love spicy food as much as he did as a child. Two out of three isn’t bad! Of course they are still young so we try to keep the spiciness toned down for them, but they don’t mind a little kick to their food.
This Sticky Finger Popcorn Chicken recipe is such a crowd pleasure and what I like to call a no-cry dinner. No one is crying when I bring it to the table! (Like my Orange Chicken Recipe!) Anyone who’s been around little ones knows what I’m talking about. Those dinners are such a relief so I try to hold on to those recipes as best as I can!
These do make great appetizers, but for dinner I like to serve them over rice and drizzle a little homemade ranch over the top. Serve it along side some fresh veggies and you are good to go! If you do have some in your family who don’t dig the spicy, just serve the sauce on the side for everyone to dip into.
- 1 large bag of your favorite Popcorn Chicken (we like Tyson brand)
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4-1/2 cup Louisiana Hot Sauce (we like Frank's Hot Sauce)
- Bake chicken according to directions on the package.
- In a medium sauce pan over medium high heat, stir together brown sugar, vinegar and hot sauce.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and wait for chicken to finish cooking. .
- Once chicken is cooked, remove from the oven and place into a large bowl. 5 minutes and pour another 1/2 cup of sauce over top and toss to coat.
- Wait another 5 minutes and toss with another 1/2 cup of sauce. This helps the sauce to completely coat and caramelize the chicken without making it soggy.
- Serve with celery sticks, ranch dip and more sticky sauce to dip!