Just popping in today to say a quick hello, and that you should totally make this salad! Sorry, not yelling, just emphasizing. We’ve thrown it together several times over the last couple of weeks and it’s just so simple, fresh, and filling!
I bought everything from Trader Joe’s for this! Not that you need to, but if you’re there as frequently as I am, you can easily grab it all at your next visit 🙂 Here’s what ya need– Arugula, Trader Joe’s 10 Minute Farro (or any other farr0), Roasted Garlic Chicken Sausage (or any chicken sausage but I’d recommend one with a little flavor! love the roasted garlic ones), english cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, and parmesan cheese! This was my first time cooking farro and I’m obsessed with it. It’s pretty high in calories, but a good grain + a good source of protein. So I added just enough to the salad to give it a little umph, ya know? You can totally adjust the amount of arugula and farro you use for your salad!
The tomatoes and cucumbers add a little extra crunch and bite of summer 🙂 We kept things real simple and just used olive oil and vinegar as a dressing. With a little salt and pepper and parmesan cheese this salad’s perfection!
Okay now let’s talk about other important things…
Like the fact school starts in four weeks. I’m so NOT ready, but SO really ready. Know what I mean? Like we haven’t done any back to school shopping + I don’t know how I’m going to get these boys back into an early morning routine. But I’m so emotionally ready for school to start again. I’m exhausted and losing my patience and having the boys in school sounds really nice right now.
Or maybe I just need a vacation???????
- 2 garlic chicken sausage, cooked and sliced into thin rounds
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 cup cooked farro ( love this 10 minute farro from TJ's. )
- 2 english cucumbers, sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- salt + pepper to taste
- balsamic vinegar + olive oil for dressing
- Cook the chicken sausage (grill, broil, stovetop) until browned and heated through. Slice into thin rounds.
- Cook the farro according to directions. Set aside.
- Toss arugula and farro together. Top with the chicken sausage, tomatoes, cucumbers, and parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste and drizzle with olive oil and vinegar!