When it doesn’t feel quite like fall outside, you do everything you can to make it feel like fall inside. Like–run your a/c a little more than neccessary just so you can curl up with a blanket and drink something warm while you watch a show. Or burn several leaves candles at once all the live-long day. And eat all the pumpkin goodies you can find..or bake. Like everything pumpkin from Trader Joe’s ???? KILLING ME!
And this Pumpkin Banana Bread….that’s also loaded with white chocolate chips + a sweet cinnamon swirl (hence the super long title of the post). It’s killing me too!
My girl Carrian (hi friend! ????) has a seriously good Pumpkin Banana Bread recipe that I love! I decided to make it again last week but loaded it with white chocolate chips and cinnamon-sugar this time.
The cinnamon swirl runs through the middle of the bread and the tops are coated in a crispy cinnamon-sugar layer too. And warm melted bites of white chocolate. It’s just the best. My family devoured our two loaves in no time. In fact, it might have been the only thing Miles ate for two days straight!
Thanks Carrian, this will be on repeat for the next few months!
- 2/3 cup butter, soft
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 medium bananas
- 3 cups white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 and lightly grease two bread pans and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine the 1/2 cup white sugar + 1 tbsp cinnamon and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat eggs, butter, sugar (1 1/3 cups), and vanilla together until smooth and creamy.
- In another bowl mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon together. Add to the wet ingredients as well as the pumpkin puree and mashed bananas. Mix everything until combined.
- Pour 1/4 of the batter into each of the bread pans. Sprinkle a generous amount of cinnamon sugar mix all over the batter. Pour the rest of the batter, dividing evenly among two pans. Spread over the cinnamon sugar layer.
- Top with more cinnamon sugar all over the tops of batter.
- Bake for 40 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Adaptations made: used white chocolate chips, added a cinnamon-sugar swirl + cinnamon sugar topping, extra vanilla, + cinnamon in the batter.